Thursday 20 January 2011

Goodies!

Afternoon all.

Well the Postman brought me some goodies today...


AA hong Kong travel guide
Complete with transport map (which looks suspiciously like a London underground map)
Has some recommended attractions to visit, this one being the ocean park aquarium type thing, complete with pandas?? The most aquatic of all the bears...
Kowloon is not far from central Hong Kong, apparently the place to go if you want to experience the everyday life of ordinary people away from the sleepless city.

Ten thousand Buddha temple, apparently there are a lot more than ten thousand in the temple. Historical roots.
Po Lin Buddha. Asia's largest seated Buddha. pretty cool eh?
Space museum. For some reason i didn't expect something like this to be in Hong Kong. But definitely a place id go if i was able.



100 HKD and a travel guide. I'm all set

Some good stuff in the travel guide. A lot about food and restaurants as well as a top 25 attractions list. Should come in handy for creating the travel guide thingy mijiggy.


Anyway yesterday i stopped by Thomas Cook and picked up 100 Hong Kong Dollars. The woman behind the counter wasn't too impressed  with having to order in £8 worth of Hong Kong Dollars especially for me.

I found it amusing.



I think theyre pretty cool looking. Anything with a lion stuck on it has my vote.



And this is an old calender i dug out that my local takeaway give to me one new year. I've got plans for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment